Monday, March 29, 2010

Crystal Cleansing Full Moon Ritual


The Full Moon of March, is a wonderful significant time of year. It's a time of new growth, buds are on the trees, earth worm castings appear, bringing the return of the robins, and it is an essential time to cleanse.
Every full moon I cleanse my crystals, stones, jewelry, and any other objects I feel need a cleanse.

Crystals are very efficient energy absorbers, and transmitters, and effectively cleanse and transmute negative energies. Without regular cleansing your crystals can become really saturated with external energy, and negative debris...even negative thought patterns.


There are many ways in which to cleanse your stones. Go with your instincts and listen to what the stone needs, and you will find the way(s) best for you. Different types and forms of stones are best cleansed using different methods. For example stones such as Selenite & Calcite are water soluble, and will wear if soaked in water. Some crystals may fade in sunlight, including Amethyst, Celestite, Kunzite, Rhodochrosite. Amber will become dry & brittle and will crack if left in sunlight over time.

Dedication:
I dedicate each stone before I use it any way: cleansing, meditating, wearing, healing...
I hold the stone in my hand and consciously willing it be used in light, in love, and for the highest good of all.





Here I will describe my cleansing ritual:

I usually cleanse my crystals on the evening of the full moon and like to have my altar by the window sill, as the light energy of the moon and sun will help activate, and recharge the crystals during cleansing. It is also lovely to be outside in nature for the cleansing ritual. I find there's a lot of traffic noise where I live so I prefer to do this in my sacred space I've created...and also because I am cleansing my home, and the crystals home in the same process. It's nice to take them to a creek, river, or lake and cleanse them in the water and let them charge in the sunlight.
Again, follow your intuition and listen to the stones and you will know exactly where and what to do!

Before and after working with crystals I like to ground my self by holding a smoky quartz point and then placing it at my feet and holding a kyanite or clear quartz point to align my chakras. I focus on my breath until I feel centred and calm. I then smudge my space, all corners, doorways, windows, everywhere...I am using sweetgrass tonight. I have a glass dish dedicated to cleansing stones and I fill it with water. Tap water, spring water, distilled water - or water you've collected from a creek, river, lake etc. Tonight I am using tap water, it's all I've got. I then bless and smudge the water. I will also be using a large amethyst cluster to cleanse and charge some crystals.

I pick up each crystal, hold it while I dedicate it to be used in light in love and for the hightest good of all and place them either in the water dish or on the amethyst.
Once I have finished with all the stones I like to smudge once more and ground myself with smokey quartz. I also drink a glass of water to ground.
I like to leave the stones cleansing for at least 24 hours, sometimes up until the new moon...whenever I feel they are ready to be used for healing. Full Moon Blessings!


Here are some other cleansing methods you can try:

- Place tumbled Carnelian in a bag of tumbled stones
-Soak crystals in salt water for 1-7 days (about 3tbsp salt per 1 cup water), and place in glass container in sunlight
-Cleanse crystals in a flowing creek, river, lake and charge in sun/moon.
- Surround crystal (or object, anything really) with visualized white or golden light, intending any negativity present to be transformed to positive light energy. It is important to maintain concentration & intention.
- Soak crystals in flowers to imbue the essence of the flowers
- Soak stones in brown rice for 24 hours, the rice balances the energy, removes negativity, while transforming it to positive. Once cleansed the rice is purified, energized so wonderful to eat!

* Some information from "Love is in the Earth", by Melody, and "The Crystal Bible", by Judy Hall. Both great reference books, two out of many that I've read that I turn to on a daily basis.